Imagine a fashion world where technology meets sustainability, and you can keep the memory and value of an item virtually forever. Well, you don’t have to look that far!
An NFT is a non-fungible token that holds the digital value of a physical item. Every physical object, from a painting to a videogame, can create an NFT existence and hold its digital value online. Once you adapt it to fashion, that is when it gets interesting. Luxury fashion pieces are inevitably perishable, and even though they can last a long time, they surely can’t last forever. Unlike NFTs. These transferrable tokens hold the digital value of pre-existing goods, even as the items in question get destroyed, lost, or stolen. In some cases, when an item is extremely valuable and rare, its digital monetary value can increase, indepedently from the condition of the physical item.
Every eligible* item purchased on her-age.com will give you access to its exclusive NFT. A simple second-hand purchase can and should be considered a long-term investment. All eligible* tems will be provided with a QR code that, once scanned, will provide you with a one-of-a-kind functional NFT containing authentication certifications, proof of ownership, and key product details pertaining to the item purchased. This information will be stored in a highly-secured environment, such as the blockchain. You will be able to access your NFT through a digital wallet on the Virgo App, developed by Her-Age’s technology partner Luxochain. The QR code will also be sent via email for your records, so you will never have to worry about losing your NFT in the future.
Why purchase an NFT-eligible* item?
• Eligible items purchased with NFTs on her-age.com are always ready to be re-sold, without the need to incur additional costs to prove an item’s authenticity
• Paper documentation, which is both extremely valuable and easy to lose, will become a thing of the past
• In Her-Age’s case, NFTs become functional in that they safekeep key information about the item and its legal ownership
• NFTs cannot be tampered with, and thus are hack-proof, contrary to PDF certificates which can easily be edited– their safety is absolute
Have you ever suspected that you might have accidentally purchased a counterfeit item from a luxury reseller? What is more, have you ever purchased an authentic luxury item and been provided with a physical certificate of authenticity, only to find out that you have misplaced it years down the line? Do you wonder how you may be able to prove your luxury item's authenticity once you have decided to transfer its physical ownership to someone else?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then we have created the perfect service just for you... “NFTize Only”.
How does it work?
Both our in-house and external team of luxury authenticators, led by world-renown Graham Wetzbarger from Luxury Appraisals & Authentication, will assess your item and, if approved, provide a certificate of ownership, authenticity, and digital value of the item– all comprised in a functional NFT and securely stored on the blockchain for generations to come. So you will never have to wonder if your items are real, ever again!
*Find below digital certificate issuance and NFT eligibility criteria
CERTIFICATION & NFT CRITERIA FOR NFT-ELIGIBLE ITEMS ON HER-AGE.COM (based on fair market appraisal)
- CLOTHING : 2000 EUR and over
- JEWELRY, WATCHES : 2000 EUR and over
- BAGS, SMALL LEATHER : 1500 EUR and over
- ACCESSORIES : 1000 EUR and over
CERTIFICATION & NFT CRITERIA FOR "NFTIZE ONLY" SERVICE
- BAGS: Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Hermès
- WATCHES: Audemars Piguet, Rolex